Lyngen Lodge Arctic Adventures AS
Guest Booking Terms and Conditions
- All bookings are made with Lyngen Lodge Arctic Adventures AS. (hereinafter referred to as Lyngen Lodge AA) whose registered office is c/o Elisabeth Braathen, Sigurd Slembesvei 8E, 7051 Trondheim, Norway. The director of Lyngen Lodge AA is Mr.Graham Austick.
- At the time of booking a deposit payment of NOK 5,000 is required to secure your place on a trip. The final trip balance amount must be paid to Lyngen Lodge AA no later than 6 weeks before the start date of the trip. If the balance is not received by the specified date and unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by Lyngen Lodge AA in writing, Lyngen Lodge AA reserves the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be fortified. The full amount of the trip must be paid at the time of booking for all bookings accepted after the balance due date.
- Your booking contract with Lyngen Lodge AA begins on the date your deposit funds are received by the Lyngen Lodge AA bank account.
- The total amount received by the Lyngen Lodge AA bank account must be no less than the full amount shown on your invoice. If sending money by electronic (bank) transfer then you must pay the remitter’s (your) fees and the beneficiaries (our) fees.
- Group sizes for Lyngen Lodge trips will be at the discretion of Lyngen Lodge AA. Lyngen Lodge AA undertakes to ensure that the group numbers are appropriate for each trip.
- Lyngen Lodge AA reserves the right to cancel any trip which does not have sufficient numbers to make the trip financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances you will be informed as soon as possible. If Lyngen Lodge AA cancels the trip you will be entitled to a full refund of any payments made to Lyngen Lodge AA. No compensation for cancelled trips will be paid by Lyngen Lodge AA.
- If Lyngen Lodge AA cancels your trip, Lyngen Lodge AA will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking. Lyngen Lodge AA will not be liable for the cost of any flights which you have booked.
- If you wish to cancel a trip, notification must be provided to Lyngen Lodge AA in writing and the following charges will apply;
- More than 60 days before the start date of the trip = loss of deposit
- 30 – 59 days before the start date of the trip = 60% of total cost
- Less than 29 days before the start date of the trip = 100% of total cost
Lyngen Lodge AA reserves the right to pursue you for any unpaid amounts due.
- Notice of cancellation will only be effective from the day it is received in writing by Lyngen Lodge AA.
- You must ensure you have insurance to cover your trip from the date the booking is made with Lyngen Lodge AA. Your insurance must cover you for all of the activities of your trip as well as travel and personal insurance. You must ensure you have adequate cover for search, helicopter rescue and repatriation in the event of a medical emergency.
- You understand and accept the risks involved with all of the activities of your trip. You understand and accept the risks involved with ski touring and skiing off piste and you do so at your own risk and responsibility.
- Lyngen Lodge AA is not liable for the following;
- Weather or any other unforeseeable or unavoidable conditions
- Illness, injury or death sustained on a trip
- Uninsured loss of personal belongings
- If you have any special medical needs, allergies or dietary requirements you must inform Lyngen Lodge AA at the time of booking.
- Your accommodation at Lyngen Lodge AA will be in a twin sharing room with en-suite facilities. If your booking is for one person, you will be allocated into a twin sharing room.
- Lyngen Lodge AA will try to meet guest’s special requirements but cannot guarantee to do so and will not be held liable for any failure to do so.
- Transfers from Tromsø airport to Lyngen Lodge AA and return will be provided on arrival and departure days of the trip, although the method of transport will depend on the prevailing weather conditions at the time.
- While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all of the advertising material and information for Lyngen Lodge AA, Lyngen Lodge AA cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
- Lyngen Lodge AA will plan to carry out the trips as advertised, however due to the nature of the trips, the itineraries have to remain flexible. Lyngen Lodge AA cannot be held responsible for activities cancelled due to conditions out of its’ control.
- Lyngen Lodge AA will not be held responsible if boat transportation cannot be provided on trips due to weather conditions.
- Lyngen Lodge AA will not be held responsible if ski days are lost due to weather conditions.
- You agree to allow Lyngen Lodge AA to use for publicity purposes any photographic of video materials taken of yourself on a Lyngen Lodge AA trip without your permission and with no charge.
- Any complaints regarding Lyngen Lodge AA trips must be made immediately at the time of the trip. If you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with, you must notify Lyngen Lodge AA in writing within 30 days of the end date of your trip.
- These booking conditions will only be waived in special circumstances in writing by a letter from the director of Lyngen Lodge AA.
- When making your booking with Lyngen Lodge Arctic Adventures AS, it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all of these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.